Planning Your Visit
Windridge Vineyards is a family-owned farm winery dedicated to producing premium estate grown wines in classic old-world styles.
**During the colder months, outdoor seating will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Fire Pits will be the only seating by reservation. All indoor seating and tours are suspended due to mandated Covid restrictions.**
New Covid Restrictions Mandated by Montgomery County:
The Montgomery County Government has issued a new order that suspends indoor dining. The new restrictions went into effect December 15th. Specifically, as it relates to our service at Windridge Vineyards, we are now required to make the following changes:
1) No indoor seating is allowed. We will still offer outdoor seating and patrons will be permitted in the tasting room to purchase wine to take outside or to go.
2) We are now required to collect the following personal information from EVERY guest entering our premises for outdoor seating: Date, Time of visit, Name of each patron, Contact information for each patron. Guests entering for To Go Sales do not need to provide contact tracing information. To comply with this order we will require guests to check in at the host station located at the entrance to the tasting room and fill out a note card with the required information .We are required to keep this information for 30 days to enable the County to contact trace individuals if needed.
3) All persons on our premises are now required to wear masks unless actively eating or drinking, not just seated at the table as previously allowed.
We recognize that these are major changes but please understand that they are not voluntary and are required by code. We apologize in advance for any disruptions this may cause.
Our Winter Hours:
Wednesday: 12:00 - 6:00 pm
Thursday: 12:00 - 6:00 pm
Friday: 12:00 - 8:00 pm.
Saturday: 12:00 - 6:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 - 6:00 pm
Service and Policies:
- We are a farm winery and most of our seating is outdoors and exposed to the elements. Please plan your visit accordingly. While we do our best to accommodate our guests’ particular needs, we cannot promise any particular table or location.
- Each reservation is limited to a maximum of two hours. We will do our best to accommodate guests that wish to extend their stay depending on seating availability.
- Last call for on-premise sales is at the time of closing. We respectfully ask that all guests leave the property within 30 minutes after close. Reservations at the end of the day will end with our scheduled closing time and may be for less than two hours.
- Reservations will be forfeited if a group is more than 15 minutes late for their scheduled reservation, so please arrive on time.
- Due to state guidelines, we are only able to seat groups of up to 6 people together.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines and wear a mask when not actively eating or drinking.
- Children must be supervised at all times and no sporting equipment is allowed.
- Well-behaved, domestic pets are welcome on grassy areas, as long as they are leashed and cleaned up after. Please, no pets in the tasting room.
- Smoking is only permitted beyond our parking area and away from customers/staff. This includes cigarettes, vaping pens, cigars, etc.
- Due to insurance compliance, we cannot allow our guests to bring their own "pop-up" shade structures.
- Our vineyards are actively farmed. Please refrain from entering the vineyard rows and touching the vines.
- Please respect the quiet enjoyment of other guests. No outside music is allowed.
- Our wines will be available by the glass, bottle, and flight; no tastings can be offered at this time.
- As always, you can bring your own picnic to enjoy at the vineyard, but no outside alcohol is permitted. Please check our calendar and social media to see when we have food trucks available (usually on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays)
- Water will be available for sale in single use bottles.
Health and Safety Practices:
- A sanitizing station will be located in the Pavilion and Tasting Room and handwashing is available in the restrooms.
- High contact customer areas and bathrooms will be sanitized regularly. All seating areas will be cleaned between parties.
- Per Montgomery County regulation, all staff will be wearing face coverings and our guests are required to do so when not actively eating or drinking.
- If you have experienced Covid-19 symptoms in the past 14 days, please visit us another time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do you serve food at the vineyard?
A: We now sell cheese, charcuterie, and other assorted snacks directly from the tasting room. We also regularly feature local food trucks, restaurants, and caterers! Please check our events calendar for our food and music schedule.
Q: Can I bring my own food?
A: Yes! You are always welcome to bring your own food and refreshments - we only ask that you please do not bring any outside alcohol.
A: What kinds of wines do you serve?
A: We focus on dry wines that are classic in style, yet celebrate Maryland's unique climate and terroir. Feel free to view our full wine list!
Q: Are you dog-friendly?
A: Well-behaved, domestic pets are welcome on grassy areas, as long as they are leashed and cleaned up after.
Q: Is the vineyard family/kid-friendly?
A: Yes, but please ensure that children are supervised by adults at all times. No sporting equipment is permitted.
Q: I'm coming with a group - do we need to make a reservation?
A: We currently can only accomodate groups of 6 or less due to health regulations for Covid-19. Thank you for your understanding.
Please respect our Farm Rules:
1. No outside alcohol permitted.
2. Children must be supervised at all times.
3. No sports equipment permitted.
4. Leashed, domestic pets allowed on grassy areas only.
5. Please clean up after your pet.
6. Please do not rearrange furniture.
7. Smoking restricted to designated areas beyond parking lot only.
8. Please respect the quiet enjoyment of other guests. No outside music allowed.